What may cause an allergic reaction to Band-Aids and adhesive tape(s), and what can be used as a replacement?

In a recent hospital visit, after nurses put in an I.V. site, the area around the adhesive tape became very red and tender. A minor rash broke out, but recently cleared up when the tape was removed. Not too long ago, after putting a Band-Aid on my neck, the area where the Band-Aid covered became very red, sore,... show more In a recent hospital visit, after nurses put in an I.V. site, the area around the adhesive tape became very red and tender. A minor rash broke out, but recently cleared up when the tape was removed. Not too long ago, after putting a Band-Aid on my neck, the area where the Band-Aid covered became very red, sore, and tender as well. I ended up having to take the Band-Aid off to ease the pain. It seems that I have experienced some dermatitis from the contact of the adhesive in the tape(s). I do not have a reaction with latex contact (gloves and/or condoms).