Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

are e-bay spaces rented out? i know '0' about e-bay and want to start a page. any info or help is needed.

want to sell crafts on e-bay but have never used it. do i need to pay for the space? why is a credit card number needed?

i would greatly appreciate info from anyone with e-bay experience.

Favorite Answer

You can start with a space to sell on ebay very easily but you will need at the least a bank account that you can get access to, even a parent can help with that. This is just so they know who you are and all. There are many people on Ebay who are untrustworthy. I can almost guarantee that your first sales will be slow as you have no feedback. Try buying a few items, just to start the ball rolling. Many who go to Ebay are a bit hesitant to bid on someone with no feedback at all.. I Suggest going into Ebay and reading all that they have to offer and start up your page by purchasing some low cost items and paying immediately, etc so that you have good feedback. Bad feedback or even negative can hurt any business venture especially on ebay...Best of luck to you and start out by just having fun with it don't go into business as that just isn't going to work there. Have fun!

you don't rent the space. A basic page with your products info is free I believe. There are alot of add-ons that cost money which make your page stand out more. I think E-bay takes a very small percantage of whatever you make. I think it may be like pennies.

there are no personal pages on ebay. you create an account and sell your items. you list your items for sale under certain categories. it doesn't cost money, though you do have to pay for shipping for the products you sell to people. so consider that in the minimum amount you would like to sell your item for.

They charge you to sell your items, and if the item sells they take a percentage of your profit

they charge you a listing fee, and a final sales fee