My parents plan to adopt a Marshallese infant boy. Do the Marshallese males circumcise?

My parents want to find out so that they can decide according to his culture/ideas, etc.

Favorite Answer

It shouldn't matter, as you shouldn't circumcise the child in the first place. Do you realize what it entails? An infant, with no power to defend himself, is attacked with a knife and has the most sensitive part of his body hacked away? The child often goes into shock from the pain. The mutilation has long-lasting consequences, as it stops part of the brain from developing and doubtlessly leaves an awful trauma in the boy's memory. Circumcision is a horrible, barbaric rite that has no place in civilized society, no matter the culture.

DON'T DO IT.

It's up to the parents.

Well, I think since you're adopting Him, won't he be raised with your culture, and ideas?

muslims and jews circumsise.