can anyone tell me where i look at some criminal background for free.?

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Some states have online access to court records, searchable by name. Wisconsin is one:

    Iowa is another:

    Some counties in Illinois offer access to circuit court records:

    [scroll through the list of counties to find out which offer access]

    These are only 3 examples of free access to court records. To check on another state, go here and click on the state you are interested in to see if they offer online access:

  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

    Hello, I am a retired Police Officer here in the US and I can confirm to you that these types of records, for the most part, are not available to the general public. You won't be able to obtain them for free. That's the reality of it. Even if you came into the station for a particular police report to which you have a right to possess, you are often required to pay a small fee at the clerk's counter for the paperwork. There are however, to my knowledge, just a couple LEGITIMATE services that have full access to these types of records, and OFFICIAL approval/certification to provide them. The one which comes to mind is - and if I recall correctly, They do provide these records at a relatively small cost.. especially considering the highly personal, confidential, or otherwise sensitive nature of the information within. Here you will find things such as:

    Reverse Phone Search

    Criminal Records

    Inmate Records

    Sex Offenders

    DUI/DWI Records

    Court Records

    Arrest Records

    Warrant Records

    Police Records

    Address History

    Death Index

    Marital Status

    Relatives and Associates

    Property Records

    Felonies and Convictions

    Alias and Date of Birth

    Business Search

    The only other way to obtain this type of information is to be working in certain areas of the public sector, such as Police work. Please do not use this any information you may discover for malicious purpose, as many States do provide criminal penalties under statutory law for certain acts regarding invasion of privacy. Hope this helps.

    Source(s): Retired NJ State Trooper
  • 5 years ago

    Criminal Record Search Database :

  • 1 decade ago

    Most of them you have to pay the nominal fee of 7-10 bucks for service. I have tried to find some, but now success.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Hope this helps. It's only on sex offenders though.

    Source(s): Seventeen Magazine
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.