sMYd asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

lebanon & isreal?

fill me in completely

Update:

fill me in completely

EDIT -----

I dont have power... so no i am not watching the news, smartasses & im not home right now so thats how im on the internet & no im not stayin here till 10 oclock

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hezbollah is a group that is kind of like 'stationed' in Lebanon. Some consider them a terrorist group but not like Al Qu. because they focus on Israel much like the Palestines. They also play a role in the Lebonese government.

Israel was at war with the Hez. group up until 1994 (date is somewhere around there) when they had a sieze fire. If I'm not mistaken Clinton was involved in that.

Ok now, basically out of nowhere Hez. comes across the Israeli border and kidnaps some soldiers then commences to start sending a few missiles into Israel's 3rd largerst city.

Israel then used it's air force to start bombing the Hez. main base in Lebanon. When you use bombs from planes, like we did in Iraq, you end up with a lot of collateral damage... innocent ppl dieing. So, this has gotten the actual lebanese ppl ticked off too because a lot of non-Hez. are dieing.

Also, the weapons that Hez. suddenly seems to have (the aerial missiles) appear to all be coming from Iran. Some are suspecting Syria is supporting them also. This is complicating the issue enormously.

Lastly, the most current problem is that Israel is no longer willing to just accept the return of its soldiers. They are now so ticked off and tired of this repeating itself that they are talking about not quitting until Hez. is completely disarmed and demobilized. I heard this myself tonight right out of the mouth of Dan Gillerman, Israeli ambassador to the UN, in a Charlie Rose interview on PBS.

So, this basically means WW3

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • brp_13
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's a very complex situation, there is no easy answer to your question. But the latest conflict is kind of like this.

Lebanon and Israel share a border, both countries are self governing, they have there own economies, defense structure, and international representation, the are equal in all respect's.

Now let's say it is you and your neighbor, you are Israel and your neighbor is Lebanon. There is a dog in the neighborhood.

it keeps going into your yard, it poops in your yard, rips up the trash and is just a mean dog. After he has made his mess in your yard, he jumps the fence back into you neighbors yard and sits and watches you clean it up..

You talk to your neighbor about it, but the neighbor says it is not my dog, but he makes no mess in my yard so I have no problem with the dog, the problem is your problem.

But this last time the dog jumped the fence, it took two of your children, jumped the fence, and is sitting there barking at you. You know the neighbor will not help, it's not his dog, but it is on his property, now what can you do. The dog is only getting worse.

Dog knows it's safe in Lebanon, and you know you are in danger, your family is in danger.

This is what has happened between Lebanon and Israel.

All of your niebors know the problem this dog is causing you, but they care not, some of them feed this dog to make sure he stay's in the neighborhood.

The only thing you can do is kill this dog where ever you find it, there is no compermise, some laws will be broken, but it must be killed, even if you have to go into your neighbors yard to do it.

• 1 decade ago

ISRAEL

I think every country should act like what Israel is doing for their 3 soldiers ( 2 in lebanon and i in Philistine). Yes they must have made the kidnapping as their tool to topple Hezbullah and Hamas but what is wrong in it, at last these are the terrorist organizations and all those countries which are directly or indirectly helping these assshole terrorists should get this type of punishment what labenon is facing today. Iran, Pakistan, Seria, Sudan, their are so many countries.......

• 1 decade ago

don't watch much news? hezbollah which is a mercenary terror group is getting funded by iran and supplied by syria for weapons. they attacked isreal the same day iran was to be checked by the u.n. hezbollah went into isreal shooting fifty rockets going over the border killing 8 soldiers and kidnapping two. isreal went after them. lebanon with a army of 60,000 is scared of hezbollah and some are even in bed with them. they control most of the lebanese cabinet. lebanon was ordered by the u.n. to patrol the southern borders 6 years ago but never did. isreal got fed up with it sending in massive airstrikes as the terror group hides within the civilians so isreal warned all lebanese people to leave as they were going to attack and defend their country. lebanon hasn't done anything and sits back whinning as they are to scared to do anything. if they join with the terror group, the u.s. will get involved.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Fill you in? Why not try reading a newspaper, watching the ten o'clock news, or reading the news on the Internet. That's what most of us do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Evil Islamic terrorists attacked Israel and kidnapped 2 soldiers. Israel has since responded by pounding Islamic infrastructure and forcing the terrorists to pay for their collective misdeeds.

• 1 decade ago

Lebanese soldiers crossed into Israel and kidnapped 2 soldiers....

Israel bombed Lebanon

Lebanon bombed them back

Israel bombed them even worse.....

the world screamed for the US to stop it....

Israel said they would stop if Lebanon released their men....

they are still fighting...

• jack f
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They are two countries in the middle east. BTW its Israel, not isreal.

• 1 decade ago

watch the news

• 1 decade ago

there gonna start world war 3. that'll be end can't get more filled in than that!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.