Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between AXIS 1 and AXIS 2 disorders?

Favorite Answer

* Axis I: major mental disorders, developmental disorders and learning disabilities

* Axis II: underlying pervasive or personality conditions, as well as mental retardation

* Axis III: any nonpsychiatric medical condition ("somatic")

* Axis IV: social functioning and impact of symptoms

* Axis V: Global Assessment of Functioning (on a scale from 100 to 0)

Common Axis I disorders include depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and schizophrenia. Common Axis II disorders include borderline personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, and mild mental retardation.

Source(s): Wikipedia
  • adamek

Axis 2 Personality Disorder

Axis Ii Disorders

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference axis 1 axis 2 disorders: https://shortly.im/x5DtL

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/OqwHp

Do you have your desk reference DSM-IV-TR handy? if not this is what it says...personality disorders are all coded on Axis II. Antisocial - 301.7 Narcissistic -301.81 Schizoid - 301.20 Schizotypal - 301.22 Borderline - 301.83 Paranoid - 301.0 Histrionic - 301.50 Avoidant - 301.82 Dependant - 301.6 Obsessive-Compulsive - 301.4 If the patient has any other disorders they should be listed on Axis I ... also.. if the primary visit is for the Axis II disorder and they have Axis I ... be sure to note that next to the disorder (principle diagnosis) or (reason for visit) I know that with obsessive compulsive a majority of clients have depression with it.. or other Axis I disorders.! I hope this helps.. i too have a final with these this week... we have to know several disorders and what makes them different from each other. Good luck oh ok.. I see you added... I am not sure if they HAVE to have an axis one disorder.. but some do, I feel it is pretty common for them to have others, but NOT required.

The short answer is on axis 1 is shorter term easier to treat andson axis 2 is longer term harder to treat