BBQ beginner. How do I smoke? What do i smoke? What's best type of smoker? Can I BBQ or smoke with gas grill?

First time smoking or BBQ -ing. Should I buy charcoal smoker, gas, electric and how do you change coals, etc? Do you heat up coals elsewhere and swap them? Is the taste really that much better than gas? Can I smoke or BBQ with a regular two burner gas grill by leaving a side off and cooking on it to get the... show more First time smoking or BBQ -ing. Should I buy charcoal smoker, gas, electric and how do you change coals, etc? Do you heat up coals elsewhere and swap them? Is the taste really that much better than gas? Can I smoke or BBQ with a regular two burner gas grill by leaving a side off and cooking on it to get the indirect heat I need?

I really enjoy grilling steaks and I want to start smoking or BBQ'ing...thanks for your help!

One last thing...what do i smoke? Pork Butts a good starter? Ribs? Thanks!!