The movie "That Thing You do" w/Tom Hanks?

Was there really a group called "The Wonders" and the other groups that were on the movie soundtrack? I thought someone told me Tom Hanks made them up (the story that is)

Favorite Answer

fictional band

the filmmakers received more than three hundred submissions for the title song, "That Thing You Do!" "We would hear them in the office, drive around with them in the car," says Goetzman. "Finally it came down to Tom listening to everything until he found one that he couldn't get out of his head." The "winner" was written by Adam Schlesinger, a 28-year-old New Yorker. "Dance With Me Tonight" and "All My Only Dreams" were written by two songwriters, Scott Rogness and Rick Elias, and "Little Wild One" was written by David Gibbs, Steve Hurley, Phil Hurley and Fred Eltringham.

http://www.geocities.com/misteryus/

Good movie! Hope this helped!!! Tom Hanks did do a good job at making them appear to be a real band. Who knew he was a musician too.

It's all made up Tom Hanks wrote the movie and co-wrote most of the songs. The movie in general was for entertainment and fun. The wonders were based on the many one hit wonders that exist in the entertainment world today.

I've not heard of a group called the wonders Tom wrote the film and also co wrote most of the songs. try http://imdb.com just type in on search Tom hanks I love this site it gives you loads of info on films enjoy

None of the artists were real - just characters in the movie. It's a great soundtrack, though. The liner notes make it look like they were all real artists.

I do beleive that the actors in the movie didn't just act... they SANG, too... how novel. So, technically, they were not just playing The Wonders, they WERE The Wonders. And since that is how it is listed on the Soundtrack... well, there you go.

It was all made up. But I love that movie and the soundtrack.

yes, some of actors were made up. but some were real guitar players,Stevie is a real player. see him in Saving Silverman- it's so funny, Jack Black I a real guitar man. ever seen Rock and Roll high school ? it's funny

He made it up. I watched it and it's the stupidest Beatles takeoff ever. Especially at the end where they're going to record their song in Spanish. Sooo dumb.

check Yahoo Movies..

Source(s): movies.yahoo.com
  • lou

only hanks movie i thought was awful!