Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My Moen kitchen faucet cartridge was replaced. Since then, the temperatures are all off. Wrong part used?

Contractors putting in windows broke the previous one and replaced it. It's a single handle faucet. We only get cold to warm water now, no hot.

Favorite Answer

sounds like somebody put the handle assembly on wrong

moen single handle kitchen faucets as well as lav. faucets use a moen 1225 cartridge

1225 a or 1225 b will work the same ( the 1225 a has more brass )

try this sight

Ive been a repair plumber for years

I have a similar problem. I get hot and warm... to get ice cold, i have to turn (the single) handle about 180 degrees from hot. I put the cartrdige in myself when renovating kitchen, before that it was working fine. I know in my case the solution is to take apart the faucet and turn the cartridge around slightly. This might work for you as well. If your're not sure how to do it, its probably best to call the contractor back....sometimes its complicated to put the cartridge back in if its been tinkered with or taken out. The cartridges are specific to certain moen faucets, i think its unlikely the wrong part was used.

Double check the alignment of the cartridge to ensure that it's in there straight and that the o-rings didn't move. Otherwise, yes, it sounds like they got the wrong one.