what are some advantages and disadvantages of living in the city?

do you like to live in the city?why or why not?

thnaks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Advantages: Entertainment, good restauarants, education, libraries, museums. If you're single, there are greater opportunities for meeting a person of the opposite sex.

Disadvantages: Long commute times, traffic, high crime, expensive and small living spaces, generally lower cost of living adjusted pay for the same work, generally much lower quality of life, less access to outdoor activities. Did I mention traffic? How about parking? No thank you.

Advantages are things to do, culture (depending on where you live) and being the "first to know" as far as anything hip is concerned. If you are young and full of energy the city is a great place to live.

Disadvantages are definitely people and overcrowdedness. You get to meet all walks of life in a big city but there are a lot of idiots and scumbags mixed in there. Big cities are also not that great for families especially when you don't have a lot of money and can't afford to buy a house.

• Nc Jay

I like being close to all the things I could ever need, but I hate the congestion and the traffic. Pizza 3 minutes away. Home depot 10 minutes away. Groceries 2 minutes away. Some days are noisier than others, but where I'm at is quiet enough. If we could get people to drive a little less or just drive smarter, living in the city would be more fun. For all the bad things, I cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Disadvantages of living in the city are - Pollution, noise, crime,expense, too many people crowded in.

Advantages are - closeness to all the things that could be interesting to you, theatres, cinemas, various clubs and interest groups, concert halls and shops If you don't like any of those things then go live in the country. Which has plenty of fresh air, peace, and places to walk, (and you can grow your own veges.), but not much else!! (I live in the country!).

I think what would be the best idea is to live in the country, but close to a big town so that you can partake of both lifestyles.

I believe the advantages to living in the city are:

Easy access to everything (medical, education, information, etc.), more entertainment, more opportunity, more challenges, and so on.

While the disadvantages are: stressful, people are more individualistic, traffic jams, hectic or fast-paced lifestyle, etc.

I like to live in a small-medium sized city, not too big. The lifestyle will still be quite relaxed, but you have access to all the things you'd find in a city. I lived in Perth, Western Australia for 9 years, one of the best cities to live in the world. I moved because of my job.

The advantages are that u can get a job anytime. You don't have to travel a distance to go to work. The disadvantages are that it is crowded.

Living in the city

You know you have to survive

You've got to keep that dream alive

Where everything is free

So many people all around

So many feeling to be found

Living in a city where no one lets you down

So many things for us to do

So many faces all around

So many places to be found

• ?

variety,culture,ordering out are all good...crime,population,and noise are all bad.