Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Question about takeing care of pets....?

Im 13 and I want to get my own pet. I want something that is easy to take care of, but not too boring. My parents DO NOT like spiders or mice. What do you think would be the best pet?

Favorite Answer

Any kind of pet is going to take a certain amount of work. You need to feed and water them, spend time with them, and watch them as they grow to make sure they're healthy.

If your parents are willing to help you a cat might be a great idea as they often need a little less attention. They don't need to be walked or regularly bathed like dogs. However, you would have to clean out his or her box every day and make sure there is fresh food and water. I think a cat is great, though and there are so so many that desperately need good homes.

But, you will still need help from your parents to make sure kitty is healthy, has his or her shots, and goes to the vet regularly. Also, if they are not declawed they need their nails cut every week or couple of weeks.

All of this is still less work than a dog, but more cuddly than a bird...

Source(s): experience with having dogs, cats and birds as pets

I guess guinea pigs could get a little boring. You could get a male and a female and breed them though. We sold our babies to a pet store. It was quite simple, we just had to have two cages. Anyway, one guinea pig is fine too. Beware: when we got ours the sales clerk said they were 2 girls but were a male and female.

If they don't mind cats, I think they're wonderful pets, that could be opinion though. If you get a cat PLEASE get one from the humane society. Neither are hard to take care of.

I love my chinchilla but it needs a lot of attention to stay tame. Do research on the temper of any pet you decide on first to make sure you have one that fits your lifestyle. Also, check with you local animal shelters and see about adopting one. It's sometimes cheaper and you will be saving a life!

I say a cat. You basically only need to feed them, and clean the litter box like twice a week, I say the days before trash day. And you can go out of town for like 3 days and not have to worry about them! They basically take care of themselves.

I say a hamster is the easiest to look after and a good pet for a girl your age.

My first pet was a rabbit. He acted exactly like a cat, and I had him potty trained. He was easy to take care of, you just have to remember to feed it, refill its water, and clean its cage.

a dog... they are self sufficent, just feed and water, just like any pet. Get a big one! A border collie or springer spaniel mix maybe... They love to play

Guinea pigs are great pets they are cute and soft and very lovable

• Mary M

A small dog they are fun to have my kids love thier dog and they are the same age as you.

A herit crab. They are inexpensive to get going and interesting to watch.