hottfloridagrl asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

I have an emergency!!! I have a baby blanket that my moms cat urinated on...how do I get the smell out??

my moms cat urinated on my favorite baby blanket...how do I get it out??? The blanket is all yarn...please help!!!!! Thank you

Favorite Answer

how bout washing it in a washing machine.

There are several products you can use - most are available at Petco or Petsmart. Simple Solution and Nature's Miracle are 2 products that I have used, and they have both worked well. Just be sure to follow the directions.

ALSO, if you have a B ABY, keep the baby away from these products and wash your own hands after use. These products use bacteria to literally eat the smells and remains of urine and fecal material. These bacteria are generally harmless, but they still should be treated as living things which could potentially be harmful.

Hmm.

1 - Febreeze or something similiar. They do smell really perfumey after this, so the best thing is to spray them thouroughly and then either wash them or leave them outside on a sidewalk in the hot sun for a day.

2 - I'd wash it at least once to be sanitary no matter what you do.

3 - lemon juice gets gas smells out, so it may work.

If the blanket is made of wool yarn, I'd consider taking it to a professional dry cleaner for cleaning. If you wet and then dry the yarn, it will shrink and you'll have a fuzzy placemat instead of your favorite baby blanket. If you aren't sure, I wouldn't risk it.

WASH IT!!!! yarn can be washed.. put it on the gentle cycle and air dry it... or simply just wash the stain itself with a little soap and water and spray the whole blanket with febreeze.

Source(s): You realize this is a laundry question Not pets right???

This is really a tough one OK? But somewhere in your house is big metal shiny thing with a lid on it. It has this funny looking post in the middle of it. You put soap in it, put the blanket in, then turn it on. They call it a washing machine…

have you tried soaking it in sheer ansd hot very hot water,you might have to do it for a couple of days over and over again. after the smell hopefully goes away lay it flat in a mesh sweater dryer don't use the dryer at all!

Ps it's good that's yarn

Source(s): try the dry cleaners I used to work as a manager for 16 years I know the fabrics any other future ?'s let me know maybe I could help you

If you can't wash it and I would think you could. gentle wash and cold water rinse. Air dry on the line.

Forget Fabreeze or any of these other things. Washing is your only salvation. Cat urine is murder to get rid of unless washed and washed well.

After gently washing, sprinkle with baking soda

use pinesol cleaner wash it 2 timwes or more till the smell goes pinesol is very strong and people use it for washing too cause it removes stains

I dont know. Maybe Baking Soda