Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

why is it that a woman will be embarrass if she is seen in her bra and panties but will show up on the?

beach and parade down that beach wearing 1/10 the covering. ie a sting bikin

Favorite Answer

Are bra and panty ads in newspapers obscene?

oh wow what a question. somebody ask it so I won't waste 5 points.

• Molly

There are 2 scenarios.

One, the female doesn't wear her most beautiful & expensive lingerie every day. Panties and bras wear out quickly. The gorgeous stuff could wear out(if they wore it every day), very quickly. Before a guy ever had a chance to see it! They probably only wear the expensive gorgeous panties & bras when they go out on a date. So, if they have sex, they'll look beautiful & sexy when they undress.

Regular bras & panties are not flattering or sexy.

The Second reason could be. SOME women are embarrassed by how they look undressed. THOSE women would not want to be seen in a bikini EITHER. They probably feel like they look fat.

I think that's a really good question.

I think that it all has to do with context.

Imagine going into a McDonald's wearing a ball gown and tiara. You'd feel pretty awkward, even though the ball gown is perfectly appropriate (covers your whole body).

Bras and panties aren't supposed to be seen, bikinis are supposed to be seen (on the beach).

Notice when the person leaves the beach they put on a cover-up. They don't walk into town still wearing the bikini.

It's all about context.

It's not a question about what's covered, it's about what's appropriate in the given situation. A woman in jeans and a tee shirt would feel embarrassed at a formal affair and business attire would embarrass her if worn at the beach. You have to have the right look for the particular occasion.

haha, I've wondered the same thing. My guess is that with the pool or beach, women are baring a lot to get a tan and the material the suit is made of is different, so for some reason, it's appropriate. Bras and undies are for different, intimate circumstances, and since they associate lingerie with those circumstances, they are embarassed to be seen in those if other circumstances. hope that makes some sense

I think it's a sexual thing!! The bra and panties are for yourself or your partner to see and enjoy where a bathing suit is usually just that a bathing suit. To be worn for swimming or sun bathing even though some women also use it as a sexual tool!! It also depends on the underwear..if it's from Victoria Secrets then some women would even wear it out in public...lol..

It's the point that bras and panties are undergarments and string bikinis or any bikini for that matter is a swimsuit and is meant to be seen unlike the bras and panties which would only be seen by their partner.

Great Question... I think because their mind tells them that a "bathing suit" is an outfit and bra and panties are meant to be kept under their clothe.

It's the context. Sure she'll be embarrassed in her day to day life wearing underwear. But the beach / pool is for swimwear.

No clue. i'm a woman yet i wouldn't in any respect placed on a bikini. I placed on a tee and shorts to the coastline. in my view, bikinis are commonly greater revealing than bikinis. yet i think it particularly is in elementary terms a sort of weird and wonderful quirks of Western subculture.