Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Sleeping pills?

I need a sleeping pill that will make me get a full 8 hours of sleep without feeling drowsy the next day...does anyone know of something like this?

I just want to take a sleeping pill one time, i just really need to sleep tonight because i have to get up early tomorrow (5:30 am) and i will be running around alllll day.

Favorite Answer

Not unless you get prescription medication from a doctor. Most of the stuff sold over the counter contains benadryl, or something close to it.

Benadryl is an antihistamine (for the sniffles), but it has a side effect of making you drowsy. However the side effect lasts as long as there is a minimum amount of the drug in your system, and if you want to wake up earlier, you will be drowsy.

So go to a doc, explain your needs, and take the advice, and take the prescription medication.

Im not sure about something that will keep you knocked out for that long, but I take melatonin, which is avaliable in the same area that vitamins and such are found in most grocery and/or drug stores. Unlike OTC sleeping pills that I can (and have) litteraly eat an entire bottle of and feel zero effect, these work great and start to within just half an hour.

• Boaz

You are thinking too much about your task ahead. Walk around your block a few times briskly and you will sleep like a log. Don't forget to set the alarm.

Boaz.

Next time you want to sleep and the sleep won't come, begin to read a Holy Book, especially a really powerful one like the Bible or the Torah.

Boaz.

You can get Ambien from a doctor, some people really like it. It doesn't work so well for me, and I use temazepam, also by prescription. Some people really like Tylenol PM. Lots of choices out there, give them a try. G'night, sleep tight!

nytol one a night is fantastic, u take it 20mins later u feel tired but not so much drowsy n limp, u wake up next morning feeling really good and alive!!! yay lol

i'll tell u something magical, i tried myself, but u should gimme a best answer, coz this is really awseom, take PANADOL NIGHT,it has a hypnotic component, potent, and doesnt make u drowsy and remove headaches if any

good luck!

y do u need pills ???????? cmonnn......these drugs will get u your sleep.....but then in the long run u will b addicted to them...and when u dont get em, it can get messy.........u become dependent on them....

Maybe soma

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bestcreditrates.net/

http://www.online-discount-pharmacy1.com/