Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Sleeping pills?

I need a sleeping pill that will make me get a full 8 hours of sleep without feeling drowsy the next day...does anyone know of something like this?

Update:

I just want to take a sleeping pill one time, i just really need to sleep tonight because i have to get up early tomorrow (5:30 am) and i will be running around alllll day.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not unless you get prescription medication from a doctor. Most of the stuff sold over the counter contains benadryl, or something close to it.

Benadryl is an antihistamine (for the sniffles), but it has a side effect of making you drowsy. However the side effect lasts as long as there is a minimum amount of the drug in your system, and if you want to wake up earlier, you will be drowsy.

So go to a doc, explain your needs, and take the advice, and take the prescription medication.

• 1 decade ago

Im not sure about something that will keep you knocked out for that long, but I take melatonin, which is avaliable in the same area that vitamins and such are found in most grocery and/or drug stores. Unlike OTC sleeping pills that I can (and have) litteraly eat an entire bottle of and feel zero effect, these work great and start to within just half an hour.

• Boaz
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You are thinking too much about your task ahead. Walk around your block a few times briskly and you will sleep like a log. Don't forget to set the alarm.

Boaz.

Next time you want to sleep and the sleep won't come, begin to read a Holy Book, especially a really powerful one like the Bible or the Torah.

Boaz.

• 1 decade ago

You can get Ambien from a doctor, some people really like it. It doesn't work so well for me, and I use temazepam, also by prescription. Some people really like Tylenol PM. Lots of choices out there, give them a try. G'night, sleep tight!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

nytol one a night is fantastic, u take it 20mins later u feel tired but not so much drowsy n limp, u wake up next morning feeling really good and alive!!! yay lol

• 1 decade ago

i'll tell u something magical, i tried myself, but u should gimme a best answer, coz this is really awseom, take PANADOL NIGHT,it has a hypnotic component, potent, and doesnt make u drowsy and remove headaches if any

good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

y do u need pills ???????? cmonnn......these drugs will get u your sleep.....but then in the long run u will b addicted to them...and when u dont get em, it can get messy.........u become dependent on them....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe soma

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bestcreditrates.net/

http://www.online-discount-pharmacy1.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.