Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Rhetoric PhD programs?

What PhD programs in Rhetoric would you recommend and why?

Favorite Answer

I wish I knew. I am proud you made it this far, you will have no trouble deciding , check them all out.

I attended Purdue's rhetoric program, and am thoroughly impressed by their faculty and the support they provide. They do a nice job blending an understanding of the historical trends in rhetoric with more contemporary study in professional writing, writing center administration, writing program administration, etc.

Most importantly, however, is to really think about your own interests and choose a program that matches it. No matter how good the program, you'll otherwise be miserable, and won't finish.

• Joe_D

The University of California at Berkeley has an excellent program. It's a world class university, with a highly diverse student body, lots of research facilities, and excellent profs.

hmmm...michigan?..

nice support