Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

How can ordinary people work to stop the war in the middle east?

any ideas?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What an awesome question!!! I wish more people thought like you! You can tell a lot about a person by the questions they ask.

I do believe we could start a movement using the internet to spread the thought of peace and prosperity to all. I believe most of us want the same things, but then, there are those out there who are corupt and want to take all kinds of things from others. They can mask their coruption through religion, politics, etc. but if there are more of us (people who want fairness for all) then there are of them, then can't we ban together and figure out how we make these corupt people stop?

And I kind of think it boils down to this; God is Love, Devil is Hate.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Stop using gasoline, stop heating your homes with oil, stop using anything made with petroleum based products. Stop your family and relatives from working in the defense industry. Stop supporting organized religion. Invite all people from the entire world to live in America where we all get along, have no crime, and believe all people are equal.

• 1 decade ago

By supporting George W. Bush in his effort to keep the war from coming here, to your town, to your street. That means not listening to the liberal media or to fools like Simpy Shillhan and other America-haters.

Source(s): Born in the USA. Not interested in living in the United Islamic States of America.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The same way ordinary people stopped slavery, fought for civil rights in the 60's, women rights, etc..

Mass protest, maybe even revolution.

They only get away with it because we let them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kiper
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

you've it backwards. those are Hebrew (John/Iohannan, Mary/Mariah) and Greek (Timothy/Timotheos, Peter/Petros) names which, by using Bible, ultimately got here to be followed in England. Even then, they weren't used until eventually especially overdue. maximum Anglo-Saxons were nonetheless being reported as Ecgfrith, Bugga, Wulfstan and Aethelred until eventually the 11th century or so.

• 1 decade ago

Whiskey1, I hardly think that 3000+ people dying on American soil by terrorists is 'somebody calling his daddy a wus'. You are in Jr. High school, right?

• 1 decade ago

well...

i think anti-war, anti-bush campaigners should direct their energy towards the younger voters because that's a huge population and if those people REALLY knew what was going on, it might be bring them to the polls...

also, i think petitioning might work...have a bunch of people sign a petition..then send it to your congressman/woman...i mean...they'll probably pay attention because the people in congress might want to stay in congress...

oh..and i think we should impeach bush--it'd be pretty easy considering that he lied about the cause of the war and everything (weapons of mass destruction-bs)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

everyone refuse to fight refuse to go there, they cant arrest us all seriously, the war is bullshit and there is no reason for it bush is acting like a little 14 year old punk who got there daddy called a wussy in school and wants to keep fighting people who dont even know why we are fighting no more....

• driver
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Join the military.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Go over there and stand in front of one of the tanks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.