Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

It is crazy that we don't sleep together?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4.5 years and we just bought a house, well it's 95-100 degrees during the day and I leave the A/C on, but I'm cheap so I turn it off at night, he chooses to sleep on the couch since it is much cooler downstairs and I sleep upstairs in my bed. It doesn't affect us in any way. There are other reasons too, like even if it wasn't warm upstairs, he would still sweat, and he moves around a lot, and i am the LIGHTEST sleeper ever, so neither of us would get good sleep. So we don't think it's a problem, but does anyone think there really is one ? Thank you

you guys are all so cute. i appreciate the answers and it doesn't matter what others think, but i like opinions.

Favorite Answer

If it's not a problem then there is no problem!!?? Sounds reasonable to me. I would leave the AC on once a week at least to sleep together or use sleeping bags downstairs just for the bonding if anything.

People, in the old day slept in different beds as a way not to have children. It is somewhat hard to get use to sleeping with someone if you have not for a long time. You will become a deeper sleeper if you slept with him because you body would get use to it. Maybe, convert a room downstairs into a bedroom during the summer and move back upstairs in the winter. I believe when my ex wife moved out of the bedroom, our marriage started going downhill fast. But, it is only my opinion. You will have to live with your decision. Good Luck!

Well, firstly me and my hubby usually sleep together in our king size bed. However, there was a time when the mattress on our bed was knackered and we couldn't sleep on it for around 5 or 6 months so we slept on the two sofas downstairs. At the time we were really skint so we couldn't afford to buy a new one. We were really comfortable on the sofas and always slept soundly so we didn't think there was a problem. When we finally could afford a new bed, we realised how much not sleeping together in the same bed had affected us as a couple. The feeling of cuddling up together in bed at night was something we hadn't realised we missed quite as much as we actually did.

I would say to you that once in a while not sleeping together in bed isn't a problem at all, but don't do it all the time. And to those who think that not sleeping together in the same bed means that you don't have sex together either............. GET REAL!!!

Why would you keep the A/C on during the day and not at night?? If you want to be cheap that's fine but why not be comfortable and enjoy the a/c when you are sleeping rather than during the day when you are working?

As for your supposed problem, if you don't think it's a problem then who cares what someone else thinks?

My fiance is always hot so we have to have a fan on at night in the bedroom even if it isn't summer. So maybe try that. To answer your question if it isn't affecting your love life or your relationship than no it is not a problem and don't let anyone tell you different.

I dont see why there is a problem, I am a light sleeper and my girlfriend, talks, walks, and moves in her sleep but i just ignore it! I would say that it only becomes an issue if it affects your relationship.

Maybe its you who doesnt want to sleep with him... u r turning the A/C off on purpose so u woudlnt need to sleep with him. Good excuse!, u better rethink about living with this guy, cuz think about it , can u put up with that for the rest of ur life?

i really dont think its a problem. maybe its because your a light sleeper and he moves around alot maybe hes being nice so you both can get a good nights rest.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you guys have sex in the same room.

its easy to get hot, but hard to cool off

you should leave it on, and bundle up yourself