can shredded cheese be fozen and for how long?

the already package shredded cheese you buy in stores

Favorite Answer

yes it can i wouldnt let it be frozen more than a month.also sometimes it will get kind of watery so if i freeze it i freeze the ones i would use on food that you cook the cheese(pizza ,lasagna)and not on foods u dont want the cheese cooked (like salad)

Source(s): me

Yes, it can be frozen. I freeze cheese, milk, etc. Several months. I have never left it in there longer than 3 months. Make sure package is completely sealed. Then put in a freezer bag too for extra protection.

yes, freezing cheese is fine. Depending on how frost-bitten your freezer gets, mabbee 3 months in a regular freezer, 6 months in a deep chest freezer

Yes , 6 months or more not over 1 year.....

• ?

Sure, it can be frozen, we've done it before. I wouldn't leave it in the freezer for longer than 6 months.

Yes.

• Lydia

Yes, better to freeze it than have it mold. Probably about six months.

Fozen?

I don't know.

(Do you have a speech impediment?)

FROZEN, sure- it will stay good FROZEN for about two months.

• dd

I didn't know that