Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

teresa d asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

if u do butt excersizes will it get smaller?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The no BS answer is that it may actually get bigger. (but probably firmer!)

No exercise program can target the fat from a specific area. As you burn calories, the body will take the fat from all over. Dieting helps exercise burn off fat because the less calories you take in, and the more calories you burn off, will tend to help a person lose overall weight.

Think of it this way. If you burn MORE calories than you take in, the body fuels the muscles by burning fat. This WAY oversimplifies it, but it may give you the idea.

Butt exercies may build and tone muscles UNDER the fat, and this increased muscle tone may help reduce the jiggle in the area, and help lift a sagging butt. But the fat will still be there until your body decides it will use the fat from that area.

• 1 decade ago

not really, it'll just get more muscular. Though...I guess it kinda depends on how big your butt was starting out. If you had a scrawny barely visable tooshie then it'll may even look a little bigger with the muscle. If you are....well padded, then it may get just a little smaller, but I wouldn't expect a drastic change.

• 1 decade ago

If it's flabby, try dieting and exercise. Just focusing workouts in the area where fat is doesn't necessarily mean it will go away...that will mainly make that muscle in that area more lean and tone. I may have strong abs but if there is fat around my stomach, you won't see them. Thus the need for dieting AND exercise to get those fat reserves burnt away.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, most likely if you are doing exercises specifically for the butt.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no its like guys with arm muscles the muscles build up and get bigger trust me it wont get smaller

• 1 decade ago

Try lunges.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

SURE.......................HOW DO YOU EXCERSIZE A*S*S*

• 1 decade ago

SURE.............how can u exercise ur ***?????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.