Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

does he have to be like him?

my boyfriend's father is verbally abusive towards his mother. lately, my boyfriend has been very nasty and mean towards me. he is probably turning out to be like his father, so is there anything i can do to stop this? i love him and don't want to end up like that.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, this is the main role model in his life, and your boyfriend sounds like he may be patterning after him. I would talk to him about how it makes you feel when he is nasty and mean, and would make sure he knows that you will not tolerate that and if it continues you will be out of there! There is no excuse for abuse...and there is no reason you should have to tolerate it.

I know you say you love him, but I think you need to really explore what true love is all about. There should be a mutual respect between the two of you for one thing...and it seems like it is only one-sided here.

Just my two cents...I hope you find someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

• 1 decade ago

my bf is the same freaking way! he is so much like his dad and I hate it because I do not want to end up like his mom. I think u should bring it up and tell him that u notice his actions and maybe he'll see it or not..good luck..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.