Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

I am worried that my cat might die soon and I don't know what to do without getting another cat!?

Help! I'm really scared! And worried! What do I do!?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry that you are worried about your cat. If your cat is indeed dying, you need to take him/her to a vet to find out how to make him/her most comfortable and to get a health check. You don't want the cat to suffer if it is not necessary.

Bringing in a new kitten into your cat's environment would be really stressful on your cat, so I wouldn't do that right now. Plus, if your cat is indeed dying, you may want to take some time to grieve the loss. When you feel better, then think about getting a new kitten.

• Give him a hug. Be there for him. Let him know you're there for him. Tell him you would like it if he stays but tell him you also want him to be happy. Trust me. When my cat was dying I stayed right by his side and told him that I loved him. The vet said it increased his life by two days. He thought it wasn't so bad living and I treated him royally as he lived out his last couple of days so he might die in happiness. About what to do after he's gone, give him time. You'll be really upset for a while but eventually the pain will heal. Sure you'll always miss him but life will go on and you will be happy again someday. About the other cat that's up to you. Normally I would say try not to worry because then he will pick up on your emotions and decide it is time to go but maybe you just can't stop. You love him and that can't be changed. Just stay by his side until the very end or you'll regret it. Do not desert him My cat died while I was sitting next to him and I will never forget how much better being there made me feel.

Have you taken your cat to the vet? What is the diagnosis? If you haven't taken her/him, take the cat to the vet.

If you have your cat under of a vet, talk to them about how soon it is wise to get another. Replacement pets don't get a chance to be loved for themselves. They can remain in the shadow of the deceased pet. That is very unfair.

There are support groups for pet grief - again your vet is your best resource - allow time before getting another animal.

If you aren't taking proper care of your current pet -vet and palliative care - please don't get another animal. Animals deserve to be loved AND properly cared for physically, and that includes spay/neutering - keeping them indoor only - and keeping them current with their care and vaccinations.

Source(s): long time cat mom

If you cat might be dying and you are terrified, wait about a year or so or until you feel it is comfortable to get another cat.

Source(s): Experience

I am rather confused - why is your cat going to die soon - is she sick or old? If you want another cat - go and get one.

• Alej

Take him to the vet! Maybe it still has hope! I'm sorry but some pets don't live as long as people.

• Mo

Sorry about your kitty, but we need details:( If he does die, get a kitten or a puppy! They really make you feel better.

hmm... have you taken your cat to the vet?? has the vet prescribed medicine to your cat?? why do you think your cat is going to die soon?? Please , if you think it is going to die and if you see obvious symptoms then take your cat to the vet emediately!! maybe your cat might be sick or something please take it to the vet!!

Go to a taxidermist and get it stuffed.

aw if it dies.. get a new one!