Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

preparing for the SAT by reading the dictionary?

is it a good idea to prepare for the SAT or the TOEFL exmas by reading nothing except the dictionary?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try the book Cracking the SAT.

• 1 decade ago

definitely not, u will be reading while ur brain just goes to sleep out of boredom. reading a book might help with your english but there are plenty of websites that offer study guides and help on the toefl and sats.

• 1 decade ago

Yea not a good idea. You'll be tested on comprehension. The best thing you can do is read a lot LOT of stuff like books, newspapers, magazines. Everytime you don't know a word you must look it up and remember it.

• Not a good idea. Not speaking of how boring it will be, but you can hardly remember anything from dictionary.

• 1 decade ago

not a good idea, your brain will never remeber words that you are rading and cramming into your head

best advice is to put words on index cards and then go 10cards at a time and memorize them then mov eonto 10 more cards.

best way, i'm doing it, it works, easy, and i suck at words and english

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.