Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what does emo mean ? and what type of people are they?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Emo (from emotional) is a slang expression used to describe a range of fashion styles and attitudes somewhat affiliated with emo music and its related scenes. The word "emo" may be used as a noun to identify a member of the emo scene, as an adjective to describe a certain style of fashion or music, or even to describe a state of experiencing unhappiness, loneliness, depression or melancholy (to feel "emo").

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Emo (from emotional) is a slang expression used to describe a range of fashion styles and attitudes somewhat affiliated with emo music and its related scenes. The word "emo" may be used as a noun to identify a member of the emo scene, as an adjective to describe a certain style of fashion or music, or even to describe a state of experiencing unhappiness, loneliness, depression or melancholy (to feel "emo").

• 1 decade ago

Emo stands for emotional - this can be emo music or just call themselves emo or whatever - generally they are the kids that would be punk but punks not cool anymore so they are now emo - lol - they are generally very depressed and really on feelings of sadness and depression to define themselves - thats what alotta emo kids are like. - they dress kinda funky and lots of them dye their hair black or other colors as well but blacks a good emo color of course - there you are

• 1 decade ago

"Emo" comes from the word emotional.

Those who are considered emo are those who are usually emotional destressed by others.. They show hatred for the world and others not like them. They tend to wear black and look depressed and like goths.

In my opinion , i think they just need a friend to talk to.. despite how different they may be.. i mean some people like to act black

is there a difference to being nice to someone full of grief?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.