Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is there new york sales tax on labor performed?

Favorite Answer

New York taxes EVERTHING. It has the highest aggregate tax rate and is ranked dead last on the Pacific Reasearch Institute's ranking of economic freedom, state-by-state. They would tax breathing if they thought they could get away with it. To see a ranking, go to http://www.ppinys.org/ and click on relevant reports.

• brunt

No, just goods. Services are not taxed.

And no, New York is not the most highly taxed area in the world, despite what everyone there thinks. I lived there for 4 years, and I loved the low taxes compared to my native Canada.