Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to make a portable water purifier?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to the hardware store and buy a Brita water filter pitcher. They really work!

• 1 decade ago

If you go to a camping store, they sell tablets that purify water. You can take them to foriegn countries or up to the mountians. They work just fine. But you need to follow instructions. Like the amount of water vs tablet.

You could be old fashioned and boil some water over a fire. Or let the water sit for a few days and become distilled.

• 1 decade ago

This looks pretty good:

Filtering & Purifying Water

http://therangerdigest.com/Tips___Tricks/Filter_an...

You might get some ideas from this as well ( no pun ):

Off The Grid Water Systems

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Nature_and_Environm...

• 1 decade ago

All you need is a flame and a heat proof container like a pot.

Or you can buy them. I've seen some small enough to fit into a fanny pack.

There are ways to get pure water in the middle of the woods with no water supply....um we learned it in camp. It's kind of gross lol it involves urine, plastic (like a pancho) and a hole in the ground. Email me if you want me to explain the setup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi,,, the answer,, is to just buy bottled water to drink,,when you go camping.... if not....and you only have ditch water....1st look up and down the ditch,,, make sure there arent any dead animals in it......make sure,,, your brother bubba isnt peeing in it either...

Then you can boil it,,, drop some bleach,, a little in it.... or go buy some water purfication tables at Wal-Mart or any camping ,,, Army Surplus store....

(I was in Special Forces) so I know what i am telling you...

good luck

Source(s): been there, done that
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.