Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If I file a parenting plan with the court, does my wife have to object to it?

I am going through a divorce in Wisconsin and there are 4 kids involved. She gave up ger right to the two older children and we are fighting for the two younger children. I filed a Proposed Parenting Plan with the court asking for my son and giving her my daughter. If I filed the plan, does she have to object to it and do I have to pay for the gaurdian ad litem or does she?


I should have clarified something. My wife gave up all custody of the two older girls. I proposed joint physical custody of both my son and daughter withe the son to me as the primary and the daughter to her as the primary. I set up a liberal vivitattion for my daughter to me and her son to her. I'm not giving up custody of the doungest daughter.

Update 2:

I'm being flexible to allow for placement of one child and all non school time will go to her. I want all of the kids but I am trying to be reasonable and meet her half way.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You both should have lawyers. She can object to it if she does not like the terms of the agreement. I have a feeling you both are going to pay big time.

    In the end it will be up to the judge to make the final decision. How can a mom give up two children? I would keep all the children together.

    Good luck!


  • Andi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    She can choose to agree or object to the parenting plan, but ultimately it's the judge's decision (like if he believed one of you were unfit). The judge will also decide who has to pay for the guardian, if anyone. Good luck.

  • I don't mean to come off as rude but I like to be honest....WHY R U WILLING TO GIVE UP YOUR DAU AND NOT YOUR SON???????????? If I was a judege and I saw your atitude I would give give full custody of both children to her as long as she was fit. But you would need to prove you were fit to see them. Why give up one there is always joint custody. You sound like a typical male only want the male. Your dau probably will feel just great when she finds out you wanted to give her up. I normally say best of luck but I would be lieing on this one so .............................................................................................................Sorry for my opinion.

  • 1 decade ago

    The Court pays for the GAL. They may bill you, it depends on your state.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.