Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & Body · 1 decade ago

wat is rose water and were can I get it?

Ireally need your help!

Favorite Answer

Hello dear..Our country is the major supplier and producer of the highest quality rose oil, which is used in the most exclusive French, Italian perfumery and cosmetic industry. Rose water you can find at the good cosmetic store or pharmacy. I use it frequently, rose water has excellent soothing, moisurizing and preserving the young appearance of the skin. It is made by a technology not easy for description(derived from the rose petals etc), say in brief it contains low percentage of Rose oil. I also add rose water in various homemade masks and it really make wonders to my skin..Best of luck!!

Source(s): PERSONEL EXPERIENCE

Rosewater (or rose syrup) is the hydrosol portion of the distillate of rose petals. Due to the perfume industry's immense demand for rose oil, rosewater has the status of an inexpensive by-product.

Availability: Besides health food stores and herb stores, you can often find rose water in delicatessens; it is used as a flavoring in fancy Greek pastries, puddings, and cakes.

Hello, rose water can be used for different healing reasons, can be used on your skin for acne or dry skin, rashes and if sick you can rub yourself or your child down with it. It really is derived from Roses and there are various types of rose water, the 100% rose water without preservatives can be used to cook with. Be careful which one you purchase if you decide to cook with it!! It can be dangerous if you choose the wrong one, anyway GL to you....

In a nutshell it's water that smells and tastes a bit like roses. I believe it contains rose essence.

You'd find it at a local Indian-owned grocery store (well that's where I get mine).

rose water is made of rose,,its soaked in water n pressed to squeeze the juice out of it...it was widely used during the moghul time...it is very famous among indians..(indian muslim)..it was used as perfume n beauty purposes

i personally use it on my face once a week....rose water mix with sandal wood...its good....(im not an indian muslim, though)haha...hope it was helpful to u ..

• happy

Hello.

Wow, I have never heard of rose water being used for health/skin purposes....I've only heard of it for food and cooking--ice cream, cookies, etc. with rose water are delightful.

i find rose water in middle eastern grocery stores.