masaki asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What language is this?!?

There is this song in Hostel called Pravda Vitazi by Tublatanka and I think it might be French, but I'm not sure. It might very well be Swedish or something. I forget where they were at in the movie when they played.

Favorite Answer

Tublatanka are a Slovakian band.

Pravda Vitazi means truth wins in Slovak, as in the language of Slovakia. If you spell it slightly differently as Pravda Vitezi, the difference being in the alphabet "e" then it's Czech with the same meaning. Used in a song, it probably means something along the lines of... the truth will win.

Tublatanka is a Slovakian music group that helped a lot in revolution in Czechoslovakia.

Hope that answers your question. Cheers.

Pravda means Truth in Russian. Vitazi is not a Russian word, though.

Pravda is Russian for "the truth". I'm not sure of the meaning of Vitazi but I think it means not to kill or protect in Slovak.

Well, Pravda is Russian for truth

Slovakian. Pravda means truth, I think.

It's a Slavic language like Russian or Czech. Most likely Czech.

at least pravda is russian. it means "the truth"

scrap that. pravda Vitezi is truth prevails in czech

pravda vitazi is slovakian and it means the truth will win..

pravda vitezi is czech...

Czech and Slovak