Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

masaki asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

What language is this?!?

There is this song in Hostel called Pravda Vitazi by Tublatanka and I think it might be French, but I'm not sure. It might very well be Swedish or something. I forget where they were at in the movie when they played.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tublatanka are a Slovakian band.

• 1 decade ago

Pravda Vitazi means truth wins in Slovak, as in the language of Slovakia. If you spell it slightly differently as Pravda Vitezi, the difference being in the alphabet "e" then it's Czech with the same meaning. Used in a song, it probably means something along the lines of... the truth will win.

Tublatanka is a Slovakian music group that helped a lot in revolution in Czechoslovakia.

Hope that answers your question. Cheers.

• 1 decade ago

Pravda means Truth in Russian. Vitazi is not a Russian word, though.

• 1 decade ago

Pravda is Russian for "the truth". I'm not sure of the meaning of Vitazi but I think it means not to kill or protect in Slovak.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, Pravda is Russian for truth

• 1 decade ago

Slovakian. Pravda means truth, I think.

• 1 decade ago

It's a Slavic language like Russian or Czech. Most likely Czech.

• 1 decade ago

at least pravda is russian. it means "the truth"

scrap that. pravda Vitezi is truth prevails in czech

• 1 decade ago

pravda vitazi is slovakian and it means the truth will win..

pravda vitezi is czech...

• 1 decade ago

Czech and Slovak

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.