Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Stas and more stats!?

Get ready to put on your tin foil hats.

Some people claim that the US is a God-fearing Christian nation of church going believers, but what does actual polling show?

Here is what appears to be good news for these people:

God exists 79%

Atheist/Agnostic 21%

(God is smiling)

But how serious are these God believers?

Only 38% go to church regularly.

(God is now somewhat frowning)

How many people in the US believe in UFOs?

The answer is 50%. 50% of Americans believe in UFOs and only 38% go to church regularly.

(Now God is really frowning)

(Now God is really frowning)

Here is some more interesting polling:

75% claimed to have experienced non-religious paranormal phenomena.

50% said they believe in ESP. More people believe in ESP than people who go to church regularly.

People who said they believe in ghosts – 38%. Same number as church goers.

Almost as many people said they believe in Telepathy (mind reading) - 33% and Clarivoyance - 32%.

Coming in somewhat behind: Reincarnation and Astrology – both 25%.

(God is now planning hurricanes and earthquakes and contacting Pat Robertson)

Poll sources: Gallop, ABC, and Harris.

Favorite Answer

Great post.

Thanks for putting the statistics regarding religion into context!!!

Dude, check this out.

A common misconception about the US is that it is a "Christian" nation when, in fact, we are the most violent, blood thirsty country in the entire world. We have the highest crime rate, the most inmates, and the most corrupt politicians of anywhere. America does have the highest percentage of Christians and we are a nation that promotes freedom. This is why we are the most prosperous nation in the world. All of this will change, however. There will be a great falling away and God will judge America and it wont be pretty. Read Revelation 18

I have no interest in answering this question. I just wanted to let you know that it does not matter to me if YOU think my recent question was a wasted post. I could care less about you, because as you must "know" being in a Godless world (in your opinion, not mine), you are but an insignificant piece of cosmic dust that so happens to be sharing this blue spherical planet with me at the same point in time. Too bad for you.

By the way, here is a stat for you. In 47 minutes, I have had 21 answers to my "wasted" question whereas in ONE DAY you have had 9 answers to this question (with one of them being this one which is not an answer, so technically 8 answers.) So who posted a wasted question?

Did you know that the USA is considered a bad guy in Bible Prophecy? Did you know that the military superpower (USA) will team up with the religious superpower (Catholic church) in the end times?

Did you know that many Bible prophecies have already come true, as proved by many archaeological and historical findings? Did you know that many of them are coming true right before our very eyes? It's amazing! There are very few prophecies left to come true - and they all deal with end time events.

Want to know more about it? Go to the following website and take their free Bible Prophecy studies. You will be amazed!

Sorry.. I did not understand your question..... I did notice that you have 38% going to church regularly.. I would guess ON THAT that of that 38%, 23% go ONLY so others can see that they go to church and NOT because they BELIEVE

I dont pay any attention to stupid gallop polls. They are all lies, that can be controlled by knowing who to poll to get the results you want.

WOW! We can do a lot with those statistics!

( I think)

Again, what is this supposed to prove?

• Snark

You're funny! :)