Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how to clean quail to cook?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is best to hang quail under refrigeration for 4 days in the feathers.

Plucking: There is no shortcut if you don't have a duck plucker. Quail skin is tender and if you try to pull off too many feathers at a time you will tear the skin. After a little practice one should be able to prepare a bird in about 5 minutes. It is worth the effort because without the skin the birds dry out during cooking.

Cleaning: Snip off legs just above joint. Wings can be trimmed right to the body because there is very little meat on them and they are difficult to pluck. Trim the neck right to the body. I find the knife-anvil pruning shears work better for this than game shears. To clean, enlarge opening at rear vent and clean out insides. The crop can be removed from the neck cavity. The crop is a little food-storage pouch and pulls right out. Discard it. Wash, clean, and dry bird. Save the heart and liver. They don't amount not much in size but they are delicious sautéed on toast, or if you have enough (at least 1⁄2 cup, you can make a wonderful quail liver pate.

Freezing: Preferably, freeze in water-filled heavy plastic containers available at hardware stores or freezer plants. Birds will last up to 9 months this way. If frozen in freezer paper or baggies, we recommend eating within 5 to 6 months.

• 4 years ago

How To Clean Quail

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

With every day pass, our country is getting into more and more trouble. The inflation, unemployment and falling value of dollar are the main concern for our Government but authorities are just sleeping, they don’t want to face the fact. Media is also involve in it, they are force to stop showing the real economic situation to the people. I start getting more concern about my future as well as my family after watching the response of our Government for the people that affected by hurricane Katrina.

According to recent studies made by World Bank, the coming crisis will be far worse than initially predicted. So if you're already preparing for the crisis (or haven't started yet) make sure you watch this video at http://www.familysurvival.tv/ and discover the 4 BIG issues you'll have to deal with when the crisis hits, and how to solve them fast (before the disaster strikes your town!) without spending $1,000s on overrated items and useless survival books.

• 1 decade ago

You sicko, I hope one day a quail comes up and pecks u in the head!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

just cut out the breast , the rest is a waist of time

• 1 decade ago

boil it up

• is it plucked, gutted?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.