Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do people think hunting is cruel yet they continue to eat veal?

Veal comes from a calf that is force fed for 3 to 6 months without being allowed to move, then slaughtered.

Favorite Answer

Because the majority of the people are uneducated, uninformed hypocrites!

I am a meat eater. Never had veal though. Hunting is only cruel when it is done for pure fun and the body is not used. It should be used for food and clothing.

Personally I couldn't kill the animal myself. I'd rather go to the store. I know it's still a dead animal, but I do need my protein.

The other day I cooked my first whole chicken. It was a little disturbing because I could clearly see that is was a real live animal at one time.

The weird thing is I have never enjoyed the taste of meat. I only eat it because I know I would get very sick without it. I have poor eating habbits and lack of education when it comes to what a vegitarian would eat.

when people go the the store the meat is all nice and clean and packaged they don't see an animal any more most people don't even know this was a living animal just a few days before I learned where veal came from when i was abut 10 I haven't been able to eat it (or even cook it for someone else ) since

• Virus

I have never heard of force fed calfs. They do that to ducks though...

People eat meat because they need proteins to live and meat is a good source of proteins.

But I think the real answer would be: because they don't see how the animal suffered before it ends on their plate

I feel that hunting is cruel when an animal is unnecessarily killed. If the animal will only be stuffed and mounted or stripped of it's pelt for fur, that is nothing more than vanity. I suppose if it is being eaten then it actually died for a 'purpose'. I'm really on the fence with this one.

I think hunting is cruel because they do it as a sport.Making killing fun.But hunting is also good because it keep wild life from over populating. And too many animals is harmful to man kind. That how man keep track on animals.We study how much it populate and know how much we can kill.Plus we eat the animals.there is a law against inhumane slaughter to animals.But with out animals we can't eat.if we ate nothing but plants we will be skinny and weak and animals will over power us.

Source(s): Educated Guess

I think eating any animal is cruel. I am a vegetarian. Eating veal and lamb is so beyond cruel...its really disturbing!

I've always wondered that! So many people whine and complain when they hear about animals being killed, but I want to say: "Look at what you eat!" Therefore, since I hate meat, I only eat fish to still get my required protein. Geez, can't people get to the point and decide what they want?

• AndyB

I don't think hunting is cruel and neither do I mind that veal is cruel. Yes I do know what the practise entails.

Neither do I disagree with fur, leather, shooting for sport, bull fighting, using animals as slave labour or animal testing.

The same reason ALOT of vegetarians and vegan say eating any animal is cruel because it is a living thing, yet they continue to eat plants (which guess, what, are living things as well).

• AQHA34

B/C some people don't think past buying meat in a store to think about how it gets to the market....some people only allow themselves to be opinionated when it suites them:)

Source(s): Meat eater and I KNOW where it comes from