Is making a politically sensitive question in yahoo answers a risk?

Give your reasons either way.

Favorite Answer

Why would it be a risk? This is the U.S.A. -- freedom of speech. Have you watched all the comedians on TV? Whether republican or democrat, they make jokes and all about politics. A lot of us think politics is a joke. I think Bush is a joke and no, I do not feel like I'm taking a risk saying that.

• Lyndee

Well, yes there is always a risk in asking political questions these days. The approach is a key factor in asking a political or non politcal question in Yahoo Answers. Such as, despite the fact that our President of the U.S. is in a senseless war, there are still many Republicans out there that support him in doing what he's been and still continues to do. If you are looking for healthy responses to your questions, may I suggest that you ask in a manor that is not judgemental. Such as: Democrates are idiots and Republicans are the best party ever. etc.etc.

Good luck and I hope this helps you out some what!

Source(s): Personal experience.

Not unless I find out where you live!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding!

I have no idea what kind of risk you are talking about....risk of being reported exists if you incite hatred or violence or insult other users (such as by using racial slurs and slanders).

In those cases, you risk being hauled off to the remote island I mentioned in another poster's question about what happens when you get reported.

Everything we type on the computer is a risk. Write as if you are prepared to read your stuff on the front page of the NY TImes.

I'm not sure which is more evil. The boob tube or the Gates Crates. (Ha! not bad, I just coined that! You may quote me!)

Yah, Billy Gates jus wanted to redistribute our personal wealth to his fav charities. What a sweety pie!

amd wow is Butterflies up above naive!

Come and get me big brother!!! R U Reading??? (Schmuck!)

I would just say one thing. You draw your own conclusion.

IF, a person would make a critical statement in here.......all it takes is knowing someone. ok?

people that work at yahoo is know by other people. IF, you think for 1 minute, you can't be found in 1 hour or less, you live in a dream world, my friend.

How do you think, 90% of most criminals are found? It is "undertable", not above table.

You believe what you like. I'm telling you a FACT of life.

I don't think it is a risk. Our government is not the brightest but, at the same time, they scan for key words and pursue threatening information posted. They can't be bothered with the nonsense that goes on in these forums. Don't worry.

Some respondents to your question will be immature, lacking in knowledge, or simply trashy. Others know pretty much what they are talking about and will answer politely. Very few are experts. Your best bet is probably independent study.

depends on what kind of question. If you threaten to kill or harm someone, then you will get in trouble. Using too many profanity will give you a warning. If you don't like what the government is doing, you are perfectly fine at critizing it.

You might be right because you never know who is scrutinizing you. s be very careful and wise.

no they will not

Source(s): yahoo operative