I had my gall bladder removed at age 25. Is that young?

I had gall stones and was developing a thick wall in my gall bladder. The decision was made to remove my gall bladder. A lot of people are saying I am really young for this surgery. Was I doing something wrong?

Favorite Answer

No its not too young to have your gallbladder removed, there have been people younger than you that needed a cholecystectomy. Gallstones can lead to pancreatitis, so you are better off having it removed.

No you are not young to have your gall bladder removed. I was 16 years old when I had the right tube and ovary removed from me. So there for you aren't young at all.

Not really. Others are saying so becaise normally, gall stones are seen in middle aged ladies usually after 40. That does not mean that it can not occur earlier.

No, I had my gallbladder removed at 21, I had five stones not to mention I was eight months pregnant when they finally figured out what was wrong with me. My gyno did not figure gallbladder because of my age. I really think that gallbladder and other digestive problems are hereditary. A LOT of women in my family have had their gallbladder removed and having more digestive problems!!

It's on the young side, but it happens. My friend had hers out at 21. Some people just have that happen. My mom had hers out last year.

So, no nothing is wrong! =)

My sister was only 4- I SWEAR! I know, that was awful- so no, your not young...

does it matter? you're heathlier now b/c of it, no?

no