does lime wire have any negative affects on your computer?

• Nia24
    Favorite Answer

you mean negative "effects"

affect: it's a verb and it means to act upon or have an effect on somebody or something.

effect: its an noun and it means a change or changed state occurring as a direct result of action by somebody or something else.

Source(s): living dictionary

Limewire has lots of spyware. And since in P2P file sharing networks, viruses are passed along as you download. Although a lot of people have it, I recommend not using it. These spyware and viruses can be really hard to control and could be dangerous to the state of your computer. Let's just say that spyware is unpredictable and when your files get jacked up you'll reget it.

Try searching for a no-adware P2P program like BearShare Upgraded. You still have risks of getting viruses from other people, but I will asure you that you'll get less.

Limewire is a P2P download software. It's designed to connect you to other computers and let you download content that user has allowed to be shared. The program by itself is pretty harmless, but the content you download from users can be very BAD. Viruses, spyware etc... I would highly recommend you get a antivirus program.

• penso

Limewire itself doesnt infect your laptop, even if somewhat some the documents you receive via it may, as limewire has no administration over what people percentage. Be careful of .exe documents and .zip or .rar documents. those ought to all include viruses positioned there by skill of malicious consumers. more often than not attempt to receive to one folder and test each and each record which includes your antivirus beforehand you open them. in case you follow downloading music or video clips you need to be positive.

ive had limewire 4 a long time but havent got any probz.....be sure 2 scan everytin u download 4 viruses 2 b on tha safer side....

Limewire only makes our computer slower and thats it usally one time it gave us a virus but it is pretty cool so far.

I installed limewire recently, then in a day or two I removed it!!!

Use Kazaa Lite Resurrection, instead.

I've used it for about a year and it's been perfectly fine--so have a lot of others I know and nothing bad has ever happened.

Any P2P file sharing program such as that is FULL of viruses and spyware.

it will slow your computer a little if you have it running but i havnt had any major negative effects and ive had it for 2 years