what is the fastest car on the road for under 100K?

Favorite Answer

Certainly not a Shelby Mustang, it didn't even beat a STANDARD 'Vette in Car and Driver.

The Viper and Z06 would smoke the Shelby and both have a top Speed around 190mph and quarter miles around 11.7 they would be the "off the lot" winners.

Sorry to the Saleen as well, if we are going to let tuners into this pissing match the MTI/STS GTO at just over $75,000 would squash it. See Motor Trends June 2006 Issue - Strike Force

455ci motor built my MTI - STS turbo - over 900hp - almost hit 200 in the standing mile (much harder than giving the car as much time as it wants to achieve top speed) and was coasting at the end of the run.

If you give MTI a standard corvette coupe and $23k you could get their 427 package you could have a N/A street monster pulling mid 10's in the quarter mile for under $80k invested. This is with no turbo or supercharger, of course you would still have money to add the turbo if you'd want.

The Ariel Atom would probably be the fastest accelerating car under $100 k with a 0-60 in 2.91 but I bet there are tuners that could beat that with the right gearing and a tuned WRX or EVO if they are only trying to win that spec. On a road course none of the aformentioned cars would even have a chance against the Atom - its power to weight ratio and balance can have it hanging with the Enzo in the handling department.

no longer anymore my chum ! the recent chevy corvette has 680 hp ! It is going from 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds. the bottom value is @ one hundred,000 money. This info became chosen from the Detriot motor vehicle tutor. I actual don't have the different info except what study from the info @ the motor vehicle tutor !! curious to attraction to close the 0 to 60 on the viper ?? I purely got here upon out that the fastest production motor vehicle contained in the USA of a. is the Koenigsegg ccx It is going from 0 to 60 in 3.a million sec. value is 695.000.00

Ford Mustang GT Shelby Cobra.

You're all wrong it's the Saleen S281 Extreme Coupe-

550 bhp @ 6100 RPM

500 lbs-ft Torque @ 4900 RPM

Leave it to a woman you give you the right answer!!!

Source(s): www.saleen.com

corvette Z06 (about 40-60 thousand) or Ford shelby concept (99 thausand)

Source(s): car and driver

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. $65,000 and a top speed of 189 MPH.

Most likley a Dodge Viper they are around $ 95,000

I agree with the guy with too much time on his hands. I think we all know who that is.

By the way - if you don't know about the Atom - It is SICK!!

Source(s): Myself

a dodge viking

acura NSX