mama
mama asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

I'm going to court to renew a restraining order today...?

I was unable to locate the respondent to serve him the papers. Will the judge grant my renewal?

He was served the original order.

Favorite Answer

They should renew it when I had mine and my kids renewed they didn't have to serve him. In the state I live anyway. It is up to the judge. You could call the local domestic violence intervention project in your area and they can tell you for your state if there needs to be papers served.

If you have proof that he was served the papers, and he doesnt show up, yes he will grant the restraining order... If the papers were served a year ago..and the renewal is up now..and you didnt send him the paperwork this time around... possibly not... depends on where you are..and the judge.

you mean, you NEVER served him the papers from the previous one? he may grant your renewal, but it is not in effect until it has been served

why do you have a restraining order?

I SURE HOPE SO, & GOOD LUCK!