What is the National Dean's List?

Is there any actual prestige attached to this award? How is one nominated for it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The National Dean's List is the largest, most prestigious publication in the country recognizing gifted students selected by their deans, comparable faculty members or other educational organizations.

There is an actual prestige attached to this award you get recognition by getting your biography published in a book. You can get signed up for the student referral service and it is basically a service you have to pay to help you reinforce your qualifications when applying for graduate or professional school or employment. All you do is fill out what universities and companies you are interested in going to. It is $7.50. Also you have the chance to receive a $1,000 scholarship out of the $50,000 scholarships awarded each year and you can get special discounts on Gateway computers.

Basically, it can be based on your GPA for the subject you are majoring in and your academic achievements from the school you go to or from the community. Taking it from a person who has been nominated this year and not so many academics just a good GPA every semester, I think that is why I got nominated.

• 3 years ago

National Deans List

• 4 years ago

What is the website for the National Deans List.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the National Dean's List?

Is there any actual prestige attached to this award? How is one nominated for it?

Source(s): national dean 39 list: https://biturl.im/q6FKW
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This is for real. Someone nominated you for it. You can get your GPA. Ask a school counselor how to go about it. While you're in college and want to apply for scholarships, this achievement, along with your extracurricular activities, will help you get one. I got on the National Dean's list right after I left my junior college and transferred to the university. It helped me to get a $1,000 scholarship last summer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.