doreen t asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

what is a labito?

I am 46 and i use to enjoy sex, but i am going through menopause and i just am not into it no more. I am losing my husband because of it what can i do?

• Eric
    Favorite Answer

I think you mean, "What is libido?"

Libido, which means your level of desire for sex, can often drop as people get older (for women it's often abrupt with menopause; for men it's usually more gradual, but the end result is the same...)

One simple solution is more sex! The more orgasms a person has, the more they want to have, the stronger their sex drive becomes, etc. That means even when you're not "in the mood," do what it takes to climax, whether with your husband or by yourself.

This doesn't work for everyone. Some women need medical intervention, whether estrogen +/- progesterone hormone replacement, or testosterone supplements, or even thyroid supplementation.

Schedule a visit with your family doctor or ob/gyn to discuss the problem openly and candidly (put embarrassment aside, they hear it all the time). They will probably do some blood tests to make sure there's no underlying illness contributing to the problem, and then offer some possible solutions. Do it now: Apparently, your marriage depends on it.

Labito

Libido is a term meaning "sex drive".

I use Folic Acid capsules - 1 a day. This brings a "twinkle" back to my clit. After a while, I cut back to 2 a week or so - but right now I am on 800 mg a day.

Regarding the menopause and the lack of a sex drive, that is likely hormonal.

The #1 hormone - because it can affect the production of all the other hormones - is insulin. Ask your doctor for a fasting insulin blood test . Ask for a copy of your results. 10 or higher is abnormal for an adult.

You may want to check out www.hufa.org, and click on the symptoms link to check yourself out. Some of your menopausal symptoms could be due to high insulin causing low blood sugar (which causes tiredness and disinterest in a lot of things).

If your husband is like mine, he can turn me on even if I don't feel like it to start. All I have to do is let him know I have enough time to "play", but that I am likely to be slow to start. He does the rest. Him rubbing my back usually starts us off fine. Oh, I'm 51.

Source(s): www.hufa.org is a website run by Hypoglycemics United to Foster Awareness, a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational corporation. Pegasus 90 is a co-founder and the current president of the organization.

Libito is your sex drive. It's the desire to have sex. Ask your doctor about some hormone replacements and the risks/ benefits. You shouldn't be losing your husband because of the lack of sex. Sex does not make a relationship or a marriage!!! You have other problems if he claims that this is a problem. Ya know, it's a problem, yes, but it's not something you two can't work through. Your doctor must have information for you. If your primary care physician doesn't know, go to your ob/gyn provider. Don't be afraid or ashamed to ask questions. Good luck!

I am 43 & I have yet to start enjoying sex. I try & try & end up disappointed. i was in a car accident & got a head injury when i was 16 & i think that has alot to do with my lack of fulfillment during sex. i have 4 kids & it hurt like all-get-out to create the first 3. the forth i thought it was great to create her because it did not hurt. imagine sand paper rubbing & scrapping up in you & that is how i thought making babies was supposed to happen

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/Q9fEf

Yes, women enjoy sex... Once you get started with her, if you do a good job, and want to do her several times a day for the first few years, I'm sure she will be more than happy to accomodate you..

libido refers to your sex drive. if this is a real concern of yours speak with your gynecologist. there may be medication available to assist you with this problem or counseling. have you expressed your concerns to your husband? you need to make him aware of what you are experiencing...he may think you no longer want to be with him.