pregnant shortly after a cesarean?

i became pregnant january 06 only THREE months after i gave birth to my son through c-section., doctors told me not to get pregnant until after TWO years. but i'm currently 7 months pregnant.

anyone else going through the same thing or have gone through the same thing?

Favorite Answer

This is a high risk. Please be sure you are getting proper medical attention. The risk is that you could rupture your uterus. Are you getting regular ultrasounds to measure the uterine wall? Has the doctor you are currently seeing talked to you about this?

Source(s): I work in the medical field

i had 2 kids in less than 2 yr with c section. the thing is they tell u not to get pregnant again so u can have a shot at normal delivery and ur body to recuperate. it also decreases the possibilty of miscarrage. since u r already 7 months i think u will be fine. just take lots of rest in the last 2 months so that the cut that was there when ur son was born will not have too much pressure on it. and the doctor must have already told u u will have another c section.

ps. try to find some help after the baby is born. if u try to do every thing urself i assure u , u will have chronic back ache. pls be careful

My sister had a baby by emergency caesarean in May of 05, got pregnant almost immediately(within two months), and gave birth by planned caesarean exactly 1 year and 1 week later from the birth of her first child to a healthy full term baby...

I think most doctors recommend waiting two years between any pregnancy to give your body time to repair.

You will most likely have to have a C-section this time, depending on whether or not your doctor will let you have a Vag birth so soon after your caesarean...My sister was on the west coast for the first baby, and was on the east coast for the first 2 trimesters of her second baby. She came back to the west coast for delivery because her doctor there told her they wanted her to have a vag birth, since she was doing fine, and she and her boyfriend wanted to have another c-section.

good luck!

I know how you feel i had my daughter in DEC-05 and now I'm three months pregnant again only 5 months after i had my daughter, my doctor told me its fine but since my body hasn't fully went back to normal I'll have to have another c section. Your doctor told you to wait 2 years? girl hes crazy!!! some people get pregnant 1 month after delivering and their fine. Good luck!

My children were born 11 months apart. I had no problems but I chose another cesarean. I think the Dr tried to scare you. I had no problems but I had my tubes tied after this one as I was not allowed to be given birth control due to a clotting disorder. I think you will be fine. Good luck

I did, my children are 11 months apart. You will more than likely have your second child by c- section as there is a chance of rupturing while in labour because the inside tends to take longer to heal than the outside.

I had two C-Sections in a years time and a appendectomy (appendix removed) now I suffer from prolapsed uterus which I am having surgery on in two weeks. I would stay off of your feet as much as possible! Don't over do it.