Vacationing in Cancun: Advise for most fun?

I've never been to Mexico. Other than enjoy the beach, what else is there? Just looking to get the most bang for my buck, and to have alot of fun.

I'm at an all inclusive resort.

I love to dance!!

Favorite Answer

You can go and check out Chitzen Itzu. It was beautiful. Also, while in Cancun you should go into town where locals hang out and keep walking as far into town where you stop seeing so many tourists. The shopping is fantastic.....and don't forget to negotiate. They all come down on their prices. Most are outdoor markets. The locals restaurants are genuine and delicious. When you exchange your money don't do it where it's convenient, go into same area and you will get a better rate of exchange. Have fun.

Take plenty of money for shopping - you can lots of cool stuff for dirt cheap in Cancun. If you're legal, drink, and be wary of what you eat and where your water sources come from. The "don't drink the water" saying is no joke. You can become very ill if not careful and ruin your vacation. See if you can find a virtual tour online, and research your hotel very thoroughly in advance. You'll know what to do when you get there - it'll be nonstop fun.

Also, keep an eye on what's going on with the weather, so you'll know what to expect and won't have too many surprises. Make sure you don't get there during a tropical storm.

Im going in a few days as well. Try the Chichen itza mayan ruins, very pretty

go to an all inclusive resort, there are plenty