Would you be offended if someone called your beliefs "silly" or "wrong"?

It seems to me that people often assume that because they THINK they are right then everyone else must be wrong and so hence silly or just plain wrong.Even I have done this a few times.Ok, maybe a lot.But only because I wanted to show certain people what they sound like but using my religion instead.

It seems to me that everyone is right.If it makes you happy and gives you purpose and answers your unanswer-able questions, then it is right-For you.But does that make everyone else who doesn't believe as you silly?Or wrong?I am interested in knowing how you feel about this and how you would feel if you were the victim of being called silly or wrong.

Also, Do you think the religion at this link is silly?

http://www.freewebs.com/holyfairy/

If you do then perhaps you might then wonder if your views are equally seen this way by someone else.Everyone see's things differently.

(Also note that if you don't know the question then you did not read it.It was the first line)

Favorite Answer

I don't get offended by "silly" or "wrong", but I get upset about "burn in hell" being shouted my way........

I've done it myself, but usually when someone attempts logic that is not based on true assumptions, or does not follow logically. At the same time, I encourage belief systems; they are the tool by which we explore the untestable and unrepeatable aspects of our reality.

Yet, silliness is not an antonym of "true".

In addition, I do not let others decide how I feel. I do. I choose my feelings, not them. They cannot offend me, because I know the difference between my ideas and my "self". My ideas are always open to question.

yes i would be offended. because everyone have different opinions and we may not agree on everything. it is totally wrong to call someone's religion wrong or silly just because it's not your religion. every religion is different and has it's own thoughts of things. but as long as we all know that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and in order to get to Heaven we must live according to his word, is what counts. if everyone shared the same opinion, then what would this world be like.

• Dave S

Anyone who truly believes in something, has the courage to say that anyone who believes something else is wrong. That doesn't mean that other people's beliefs should be demeaned or called "silly" "stupid" or the like. We should respect eachother's beliefs just as we would want our own beliefs respected. Hey, that kind of sounds like the Golden Rule, now doesn't it.

they have a right to their opinion and i have a right to mine. i just wish more people thought as you do and stopped trying to impose their believe system on those that don't want to believe. those that don't believe as some do are not empty don't have a hole in there heart and are perfectly contented with what they believe. i have been a victim of people putting me down and saying I'm wrong but that's to be expected by these people since I'm an atheist and they cant seem to understand that my non believe is not strange or un understandable

• John

No, I am not offended if/when people see my beliefs as silly/wrong.

I am interested though in their reasons for their belief that my beliefs are silly or wrong.

--

I used to be an atheist. Over a period of time however, I grew convinced of the existence of the Christian God, and ultimately committed my life to Christ (e.g., see http://www.godsci.org/gs/chri/testimony/seek.html ).

For scientific and intellectual evidence for the existence of God, see http://www.godsci.org/gs/godsci/evidence.htm

Cordially,

John

• jfmm

The words silly and wrong I can deal with when my beliefs are being questioned. Crass people I have little tolerance for.

• TJ 57

Not at all! everybody got a right to believe what they want to without

being persecuted.

In Christ in Love,

TJ57

Well, christianity was first and the other religions were made to rebel and escape from God so all other religions are wrong.

No, I wouldn't be offended. It simply indicates a lack of understanding. It's not important what others think of your practice, it's what you feel about it.

Don't over think the issue ,just consider the source.