How do I find the speed of the DDR SDRAM memory is in my computer EMachineT3414?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

do you need to know what is in it currently or what you can upgrade to?

To find out the current status. When the system first boots you will see a display showing the memory scan, if not then hit F2 or F4 (or some other special function key) to enter the BIOS settings. You should find a setting that lets you see the expanded boot prompt and change the settings to do a full memory test during boot. There should also be a menu that lets you configure the memory. you can view the current settings there. hit the ESC key and hit F10 or "save & exit". answer "y" for yes to any extra popup menus.

• Matt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Don't you mean the speed of your chip?

Go to the "My computer" icon on your desktop and right click on it. Go to "Properties" and single left click on it.

The "General" tab opens up in front of you, by default, and you can see the details there.

All the best.

• 1 decade ago

you mean the MHz? you may try CPU-z from www.cpuid.com. It tells you information on your ram. The speed e frequency and etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hmmm see it will be a long kinda bar... . atach to the mother board.... it is very

you can see

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx...

above page where it is written memory... the ram is tht one ... u can see its picture theere :)

as well it is..just beside the processor :) procesor is big and quare and it is tall and slim :) ... you can easiliy find it it is in dark green color :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.