a poem worth listening and sharing:?

Favorite Answer

I love this poem. It says that imagination is what makes the world the varied place it is. Watch the original "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and you will hear Willy Wonka quote this poem when he is in front of the flavored wall paper.

Arthur O'Shaughnessy. 1844–1881

6. Ode

WE are the music-makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams;

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

With wonderful deathless ditties

We build up the world's great cities,

And out of a fabulous story

We fashion an empire's glory:

One man with a dream, at pleasure,

Shall go forth and conquer a crown;

And three with a new song's measure

Can trample an empire down.

We, in the ages lying

In the buried past of the earth,

Built Nineveh with our sighing,

And Babel itself with our mirth;

And o'erthrew them with prophesying

To the old of the new world's worth;

For each age is a dream that is dying,

Or one that is coming to birth.

• muniz

no plausible inform you what a poem is ....... in case you write what you think to be a poem - then a poem that is. some may even see it as a prayer ... are prayers no longer poems or songs? in case you're taking this to a poetry team .... ask your friends - they're those that comprehend you ... this can nicely be a subject matter outwith your wide-spread sphere in which case your friends will see this as an extension of your skills to include a subject matter you aren't to any extent further acquainted with. if notwithstanding you're inspired by using the non secular i imagine that you're nicely counseled to point your target market that this can be a 'communication' with your god and one which you're feeling has a cadence you be conscious as poetry. of route you may want to percentage - and also you may want to be courageous once you listen what people imagine of your artwork. it is the onlly thanks to study. good success and be effective.

The one poem that has stuck with me through out the years is High Flight. It begins by the words oh I have slipped the surly bounds of earth and danced high on laughter silvered wings. I do not remember the author but find it and you will I am sure enjoy it

Source(s): I liked it myself

Life sucks and then you die,

So ***** the world, and let's get high--

And if at first you don't succeed,

Try again with better weed.