i lost power everything when i hooked my battery up,what goes?

I changed my headlight when i hooked the battery up again,I had lost power steering,breaks,windows and all air/heater services dont even have the fan.We checked the fuses and relays.What gives? any ideas? also air bag light is on????

It's a 96 chrystler LHS

Battery wasnt hooked up backward as only neg was diconected.I have power seats and sun roof that do work ,also radio works

Favorite Answer

On somecars if the battery is disconnected too long control modules may "go to sleep". The only way to "wake them up" or "ping" them is with a scan tool. If you can find the power window module (may be called something else depending on manufacturer) try rolling the window up or down and see if there is any power coming out of the module commanding the window up or down. Check fuse number 6 in the junction box. It is a 10 amp fuse and it goes to the ABS main relay, the A/C heater control, and the speed proportional steering module among other things. Your problem is probably on that circuit somewhere.

Make sure both the cord on the batteries are pushed down as fasr as the can go hear a snap happened to my acura once that was the probly

could you have accidentally hooked the cables up backward? i.e. pos to neg or neg to pos?

blew fuse maybe

recheck battery connections, could be dirty, or fuseable link blew!