Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

can you mess a preganacy test up when you take the test?

Favorite Answer

Actually you can really mess up a pregnancy test by not following the directions on the box. Examples: Not placing it down on a flat surface, not using enough urine, not putting the cap back on top the stick, taking it too early, and not taking it in the morning. Urine tests are more accurate in the morning because the urine is less diluted. Try not to drink beverages before taking the test cause that also can dilute it. But if u have any feeling that you might mess up a urine pregnancy test. You may want to call a doctor for a more accurate blood test

Source(s): I called a clinic about my situation earlier and i think u just asked the same question I asked

You can mess it up on purpose, but why would you do that if you're trying to find out if you're pregnant?

A test might give a false negative if your urine is too diluted, so it's better to use the test first thing in the morning when the urine is more concentrated.

Yes u can. You can recieve a false-positive reading if you have unprotected sex within 5 days of taking the test. If you want correct results wait at least 5 days after having sex then take the test. It happened to me, I recieved a false-positive result. I asked a nurse about it and she told me I had to wait 5 days. Good luck!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MESS UP.. ON PURPOSE? OR BY ACCIDENT.. MORE INFORMATION....IF ANYTHING TOUCHES THE STICK OR GETS IN THE URINE IT COULD..

NOT REALLY YOU JUST PEE ON THE STICK OR PEE IN A CUP AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS....BUY A 2 PACK JUST IN CASE

yes, they're not moron proof. elaborate please.