Does comprehensive auto insurance policy insure against damage/loss to the veihcle resulted from shipping?

Ok, another way to ask the questions is: I have my own comprehensive insurance coverage on the car to be shipped. Do I need to purchase insurance coverage from the shipper (which costs close to $200)?

Favorite Answer

Shippers are responsible to the amount insured. No insurance with shipper u can pursue with the insurance company. They woulnt pay for damages but if you lost the car they would.

• Shadow

Yes it will cover the damage. After that your insurance company will go after the shippers. As long as you have comprehensive coverage, your insurance company cannot denied a claim even if it was damage or loss.

• Newt

Being in the car business for a few years, shippers are responsible for damage. If accepted as damaged, you're SOL.

Source(s): The Mind of Newt