How ca I uninstall grisoft avg free software?

I went to add/remove programs and it said it erased it but it is still there. I t won't run but all the information is there.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Programs should be removed using their included uninstaller, or Windows add/remove programs in the control panel, or by running the installation CD again and choosing to uninstall, when that applies.

Simply deleting things doesn't necessarily remove all the files and entries for the program, (and frequently you're only deleting the icon or shortcut.)

In your situation, I recommend that you reinstall AVG and then uninstall it properly.

The fresh installation will recognize any previously installed files and only update what's not there, thus when you uninstall this time, it should uninstall cleanly.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Industry Top Antivirus Software - http://moveantivirus.com/?CCpF
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You should never delete a program, you should uninstall it. Depending on which version Windows you use, go to start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs. Double click that icon, find AVG on list and click remove.

• 1 decade ago

if you use windows, go to add/remove programs dialog and click on uninstall.....if it doesn't work you can remove it manually by deleting the folder of avg under program files and then delete all shorcuts...finally, if you know how to edit the registry you should remove all references to grisoft

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to my computer -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Right Click Grisoft -> Delete.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.