Doctors are Dumb!?

I asked for a Blood Pregnancy Test, and they said i have to take their urine pregnancy test first. I already Took a HTP test and it was negitive! I got my periood( yes blood clots too), 5 days late and a few things were diffrent. Heavier bleeding, Worse cramps. Still tired and drained. I wanted the BPT for peace of mind, but ih have to do this first!! Pain in the @ss. Anyways that's tonight.

My question is this:

I am on my period now will that affect the results of a urine test?

Update:

FYI:!!!!!

THIS IS A WANTED PREGNANCY!!!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree that doctors need to get a clue. I once had a doctor prescribe KIDNEY FAILURE meds due to blood in my urine. I'm a woman of child bearing age. As a non-physician, why would YOU think there may be blood in my urine? DUH!

• 1 decade ago

No. It will just show more blood cells in the urine.

Secondly, it's not like the doctor was putting you out. If you want piece of mind try using protection. And a period does mean usually that you aren't pregnant. Get a clue!

• 1 decade ago

If you miscarried the hormone levels might be really low and might not be detected by a urine test. Did you tell them why you wanted to take the blood test?

• 1 decade ago

yes most doctors are dumb.... thats why im trying to find a nice doctor with a nurse practitioner.. theyre more keen on your needs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no it shouldn't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.