P S asked in Yahoo ProductsMy Yahoo · 1 decade ago

My homepage is stuck showing I have 3 new emails. It has not changed despite me checking my email.?

This started yesterday. If I go into my inbox, I may have any number of new messages, but my homepage still shows thre messages. What causes this? I have logged in and out several times, turned off m y computer and everything else I can think of.

• Greg C
    Favorite Answer

This issue is now resolved. I spoke with the Yahoo! customer care team a short time ago. There was a glitch in the notification system causing mail alerts/notifications through My Yahoo!, Yahoo! Toolbar, and Yahoo! Messenger to not function properly. This glitch sent alerts of new emails to people that did not have emails. It also did not notify/alert people when they did have email. The problem started yesterday morning (July 19th) and went through until just a few moments ago. However, as stated, it is fixed now.

• Beth

No help, but you are like the tenth person to post this question. Contact yahoo.

Same thing happened to me.I don't know how to fix that either.