When will I start feeling my baby?

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I'm not quite sure if it was my baby moving or not. Two days ago, I was cuddling with my bf and heard this gurgling sound from my lower abdomen. Kinda sounded like gas or water bubbles. Me and my bf heard it a couple of times. I wasn't sure what it was. I didnt feel anything though. Can it be my baby?

Favorite Answer

I was 5 months when I first felt my son move. It was during the sonogram and I felt and saw it at the same time.

Here is something from the Baby center web page. Its a great site and will help you a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------

While an ultrasound can identify fetal movement as early as 7 to 8 weeks of pregnancy, women generally don't begin to feel the baby move until sometime between 16 and 22 weeks or later, particularly if it's the woman's first pregnancy.

The initial sensations you'll notice aren't real kicks, either. Instead, some women describe the feeling as being like popcorn popping or butterflies in the stomach. If you don't feel any activity by 22 weeks, ask your doctor or midwife about it.

• skye

No you won't hear anything, but you should start feeling movement anytime, usually between 12 and 15 weeks. Are you seeing a Dr. for your pregnancy? you need to start prenatal care about 6 to 8 weeks ago. The movement will feel like a butterfly kiss in your tummy. It is the most indescribable feeling...it just makes you feel wonderful. Start talking to and reading to your baby. The baby can hear everything you say. And have fun with your pregnancy. Good luck hon, and congrats, best wishes.

Yeah it probably is your baby, I started feeling the baby move ect at 14 weeks, and I was getting what you're feeling for about 2 months before than. However most people dont feel the baby move until they are between 20/26 weeks.

Whoa only 2 weeks to go for me, wish me luck :P

About 4 months

You can't hear your baby unless you put a doppler or the thing that they use to listen to your heart (which of course the technical name has sliped my mind). It was more than likely gas. However, I did start to feel my baby move at 10wks. It feels like jello jiggling in there. I know it was the baby because I had a sonogram done at 10wks and it was in exactly the spot I said she was in.

Source(s): 13wks!

it was prbly gas i mean like you know when you feel your baby move, it can feel like gas but you will not hear him moving, so im pretty sure its gas. i started feeling my baby at about 3 in half 4 months which is really early. i will tell you to lay on your back and wait a couple of minutes and when you start feeling the movements your stomache will kinda twitch, you will see it. but it is possible to feel your baby but i dont think you can hear him...best of luck to you and daddy and baby

Source(s): myself;8 months with #2

you wont be able to hear the baby till its born. but quickening(when u start to feel it n=move can be any time between 4and 6 months. Ealier for those of us who have already had children later for first time mothers, because its hard to know exactly what you are feeling. To me it felt like little butterflies in my uterus. Good luck

I am twelve weeks and my doctor is suprised I havent felt it yet

she said I should expect to feel it before the first of the month (about 14 weeks)

Probably but i heard it starts to move anywhere from 3-4 months...

I was 5 months pregnant when i first felt it. With your first one it is harder to reconize it since your not sure what to look for. When i felt my daughter kick me i was laying in my bed and for less then a sec i felt the smallest little flutter.